In a recent podcast by the AICPA Personal Financial Planning Section, Dave Stolz, CPA/PFS and Susan Tillery, CPA/PFS of FP Advocate discuss the effects of COVID-19 on investment portfolios and client emotions. Here are some takeaways from the conversation...
- Attempting to correctly time the markets during a time like this has historically proven to be very difficult to do.
- Let clients know that they still have control of their finances, while still providing the education needed to help them stick with their strategy during periods of volatility.
- Remember your priorities and focus on others during a time that would naturally cause someone to focus on themself.
- Reach out to others who need help.
- For the most part, people seem to understand that this is a short-term event and that they will be alright over the long-term.
Please feel free to reach out if there is anything else we can be helping with!
Stolz & Associates